Quack

The Quackeroo

Avid reader since I've been able to | Veterinary medicine student | NA, YA, fantasy, contemporary, mystery, classics, dystopian, romance and more | Not a native english speaker or writer.

The Fever Series 5-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever
Karen Marie Moning

Tangled (Tangled, #1)

Tangled (Tangled, #1) - Emma Chase When I started reading this book I wasn't sure I was going to like it. You're not just reading a story, but the main guy - Drew is actually telling you the story. This took a bit of getting used to for me. Unlike most other new adult books, this book is told from the point of view the guy - Drew.

In the beginning of the book, I really didn't like Drew. He's a pompous selfish ass who thinks he's gods gift to women. He treats women like dirt and sometimes the crudeness made me feel a little uncomfortable. But when he starts to enteract with a new co-worker at his business, Kate, I started to like him better. The story was at times very funny and had me laughing out loud.

I really liked Kate from the start. She's a strong, no nonsense girl and the banter between the two characters was at times very funny. As the story continued I started to like Drew more and more and I actually hoped the two of them would end up together. The heat is really there and you can sense the sexual tension as they get to know each other better. It was a very enjoyable read and I'm curious to find out how the story continues once the second book becomes available.

I didn't give this book 5 stars because, as most New adult books, it was very predictable and didn't really bring anything new to the table - except the male point of view. I also thought the writer was unnecessarily crude at times which annoyed me a little. But other than that I really enjoyed it and I'd recommend it to somebody looking for an entertaining story with lots of (explicit) sexual tension.