Quack

The Quackeroo

Avid reader since I've been able to | Veterinary medicine student | NA, YA, fantasy, contemporary, mystery, classics, dystopian, romance and more | Not a native english speaker or writer.

The Fever Series 5-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever
Karen Marie Moning

Shine not burn: wonderful, absolutely breathtakingly wonderful

Shine Not Burn - Elle Casey

I can't say enough good things about this book. It was exactly what I wanted and needed to read right now. This review may contain tiny spoilers, but nothing more than the synopsis really.

Andie goed to Las Vegas for her friends bachelorette party. While wondering off to the casino, she sees the most gorgeous cowboy she's ever seen. What follows is a wonderful night of romance and -very steamy - passion. I really liked both Andie at this point and Mack (the cowboy) was absolutely wonderful. I also really liked both of her friends.

The morning after however, Andie doesn't remember a single thing and goes on with her life. We come back 2 years later to a boring, bitchy and deflated Andie. She's planning to get married and rinds out that she's already married to Mack and has to go find him to sign the divorce papers. This sounds very much like the movie: sweet home alabama. But I liked that movie (you should give it a try if you've never seen it!) so it didn't bother me and it was different enough for me to really enjoy this book.

I started to like Andie a little less during the book, because you kind of want to slap her silly for some of the things she does and things, but it never turned to hate or something and I liked Mack and his sweet family even more - so that didn't bother me in the slightest.

I won't give away how the rest of the story goes, but it's wonderful, steamy and very funny. I found myself laughing, honest to god laughing at many moments in this book. Which I don't find myself doing all that often, but this book was really hilarious at times.

I'd recommend this book to everyone who loves NA books and I'll be checking out other books by this author!