Quack

The Quackeroo

Avid reader since I've been able to | Veterinary medicine student | NA, YA, fantasy, contemporary, mystery, classics, dystopian, romance and more | Not a native english speaker or writer.

The Fever Series 5-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever
Karen Marie Moning

Beautiful Strangers (The Masquerade Series, #1)

Beautiful Strangers (The Masquerade Series, #1) - Glenna Maynard Maybe it's just me, but I didn't enjoy reading this book.

I'm not going to say too much about this book. I didn't like the heroine. She does drugs and her whole character just isn't my cup of tea. I hated the two hero's - one is her drug dealer and the other one just uses her.

There is tons of cheating and back and forth stuff going on. She get's mad at Jaxson, but when they meet they just sleep together and that's it. You expect him to fight for her, but he just turns out to be a big a-hole. (Again, I'm just not a fan of this storyline).

Her best friend betrays her. Then something happens to her and it the ending is very rushed. Even more rushed than the rest of the book. I found myself not really caring for the characters and couldn't care less about what would happen to them. The writing style didn't appeal to me at all (Mainly: too rushed and skipping big parts of the story).