Quack

The Quackeroo

Avid reader since I've been able to | Veterinary medicine student | NA, YA, fantasy, contemporary, mystery, classics, dystopian, romance and more | Not a native english speaker or writer.

The Fever Series 5-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever
Karen Marie Moning

Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)

Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2) - Christine  Bell I wonder if we've all read the same book, but I can't rate it any higher then 2/5 stars

I don't know why, but this book just didn't get to me at all. I didn't like reading it and I skimmed through a lot of the pages. It isn't really the writing that put me of this book, but I can't remember a book I've read over the last time where I hated the heroine as much as I hated Cat.

I didn't hate her in the first book, but maybe that was because it wasn't really focussed on her. In this book however;

1. The story doesn't make any sense to begin with.
'I love him, I want him, but I'll keep pretending he doesn't do anything to me without any good reason to do so.'. It just gets old really fast.
2. Cat is so god-awful annoying that it's painful to read about.

I really loved the first book and really disliked this book, so I'm a bit disappointed by that. I think Lacey and Galen just make for better characters and were for to read about. They also had a lot more chemistry and I actually cared about what happened to them. But in this book, I really didn't care either way.

I do think that if you like Cat and don't mind the pointless storyline, you still might enjoy it. It just didn't do it for me.

I will be reading the small book about Lacey and Galen, since I did love their story.